Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#3008  by JoeLIRR

Any Posisibility to see the LIRR modled in MSTS

it would be awsom to see it come in 2 versons, 1) as it appairs today -> tommro.
2) as it appared when many of the now abandon lines were inservice

#3121  by SeldenJrFireman

www.railserve.com

You can download a LIRR trainset with numerous ping-pongs and an FA. I don't know about the other diesel or any routes from LI

Mike
 #3169  by JoeLIRR

I have every LIRR free ware out there, i just thought it would be a nice idea if some one knew how to build routes for the sim. it would be a a good i dea for us LIRR fans, but it would have to stay here, and not up for free ware or sale due to terror attacks

#3212  by emfinite

Here is a model of 171 that I did:

#3294  by SeldenJrFireman

Joe.

How do you do that? Is it with the train sim add on? Anyway, Is there a place i can download that and other ones that you have done?
 #3300  by JoeLIRR

Joe told me that its not up for grabs, but when i reinstall msts ill try to repaint 1 my self. thats if i can get my hands on the .ace editing programs.

#3384  by 9C1LT1

Nice Loco Joe! I'll have to try it..

#3391  by emfinite

N.I.M.B.Y,

That is what I used... It is pretty easy once you figure everything out. When I finish this one, I will make it available on train-sim.com.

Joe

#4284  by Rush2ny

I tried doing The Montauk Branch on MSTS but it just didn't come out right. I may try again in the future but the tools on MSTS are really daunting to use to say the least. I have completely built freelance routes but doing one based on realtime is a bit more advanced for myself :(

Russ
 #4349  by JoeLIRR

I agree, the tools provided in msts are daunting to use. I hope MSTS 2 hits the high iron soon.

it has some PRR steamers, that can be re-modled into LIRR G5's And K4's

#4920  by Vector

Hey... I have been lurking on these boards for some time, figured it was time to register. First, I want to say thanks to all the folks who post info and photos on here, it allows someone like myself, who works 6 days a week and odd hours, to follow what is happening with the LIRR and NY&A.

Now to my question... tomorrow I'm gonna pick up MS Train Sim. Does it require a joystick ??? Is it better with one ? If so which one would you recommend ??? Are there any files on the train sim sites that are a must have or highly recommended ???

Thanks in advance.

#4974  by John 61

You do not need a joystick. It works off the keyboard or you can use the mouse to operate the controls on the screen. I prefer the keyboard.
 #4997  by Richard Glueck

There are LIRR RS-1's and two blue wave scheme C420's. I think possibly an MP54, but I don't know for certain. I've tried downloading these additions, but have given up when I've gotten lost trying to install them. Can anyone explain how to install these freelance locomotives to MSTS1?

#5007  by emfinite

MSTS is definitely a keyboard-only game, unless you have a little control stand which I know one company does make-quite expensive though.

I did see those C420's for MSTS in the blue wave scheme. They were on a website that was posted on the old forum, but unfortunately you had to donate money to download them which sucked.

I am working on a fleet of LIRR GP38-2s right now and hope to have a bunch released on train-sim.com. I also want to finish my 171 and hopefully do an MP15 in the new paint scheme. I will post updates when I finish them up.

Richard, any add-on for MSTS1 that you download will most likely have a readme.txt file inside of it. That will give you full instructions on how to install it as sometimes there are different methods used. Good luck

Joe