Railroad Forums 

• last rs-1 unit?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1231796  by airman00

Well if only that engine had a savior! I'm afraid it's living on borrowed time. :(
 #1231801  by airman00

And I'd also like to say one more thing... I implore the individual who took the numberboard to do the right thing and return it to it's rightful owner. :-) And I'll explain why... I'm a guy who absolutely loves trains and I'm not ashamed to say that. After all isn't that why we're all on this site? We're here because we all share a love of trains. Whether we work in the business or are just a buff we all share that same passion.

Now myself, in my passion, I tend to sometimes get a little overboard. (Just ask my wife and son) I might ask one too many questions or accidentally say something I shouldn't. That having been said... it pains me too, to see the once grand 240 rusting away like scrap metal, and who wouldn't want to get a "piece" of that engine before it's gone forever. (As I don't see a restoration anytime soon) However it's just wrong to just take that numberboard and because of things like this railfans get a bad name. Now If I had $250,000 that engine would be operating including it's steam generator. (I'm pretty sure those suzy-Q rs-1's had steam generators for the stillwell passenger cars they pulled) And yes I'm assuming 250K would repair it, someone can correct me. :-)