Railroad Forums 

• One year ago this coming weekend!!!!!

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#926040  by Noel Weaver

It was one year ago this coming weekend that the Amtrak Inspection Train operated on the FEC from Jacksonville to Miami and return. I will NEVER EVER forget this wonderful and historic trip. Following is a link to some videos posted by friends of the FEC of this operation, hope you enjoy watching them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-9xBU0Y ... re=related

Noel Weaver
 #930406  by Noel Weaver

KV1guy wrote:Anymore news on this topic...or even the westend opening back up again?
No good news. The present leadership in Florida will not even acknowledge the existance of passenger rail service as limited as it is. The situation here in Florida is very similar to the past situation in California where the trend was more and more highways and more and more automobiles. I-95 through Fort Lauderdale is six lanes in each direction in places, how much more can be built here? Someday this state will wake up but I don't expect to be around to see it happen.
Noel Weaver