Railroad Forums 

• Maine and Eastern ALCO's (ex-CPR)

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#101779  by Richard Glueck

I was over to the M&E yesterday, and the rockland roundhouse. One ex-CPR C-424 is in operation. THere are two former CPR M420's out back. One is going to run this summer, while the other will be used for spare parts, then cut up.
Thought you might want this info in terms of preservation news.

#115007  by CN9634

Hello fellow Mainer! (Or so I believe you to be :D) I havent yet been on the newly upgraded Rockland branch, or seen the C424 but I am familiar with the M420's there. I was under the impression that they didnt run on the SLR.
 #125563  by Matt Langworthy

Buffalo Southern also has an ex-CP C424 that they are planning toput in operation soon.

#130442  by ENR3870

Do you mean ex-CN M420's? CP never had any M420 units.