Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#98818  by Komachi

Interesting news everyone...

I just got home from a job interview in Chicago, just thought I'd let you guys know I saw at least four classic GP/SDs in white and red SOO paint, a good handfull of GP/SDs in SOO "action red" and one "Bandit" along the way. The bandit was working between LaCrosse and Tomah, and the others were seen between Winona and Columbus (I think). I was chatting with an nice, older gentleman at the time, so I missed most of the unit numbers, the only ones I was able to grab was #4446.

A couple other oddballs I saw was a NS AC4000CW (I think) and one of the new blue CP leaser units (again, didn't get the numbers, sorry). I also thought I saw a cowl unit in "action red" enroute to Chicago. I could be wrong, but it went by and I caught the rear end, which looked like the radiator section of a F40PH, or some such unit. Did SOO/CP recently aquire some old Amtrak units, or was I being subjected to some strange Jedi mind tricks? Just wondering.

#98833  by missthealcos

9000 series SD40-2F