Railroad Forums 

• CN RTC update for former GTW

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#779231  by Candlemass157

Not sure when it took place but the 3 dispatcher desks that control the former Grand Trunk Western have been relocated to the RTC center in Homewood Illinois, about 20 miles South of Chicago. They are now numbered[East to West territory wise] Desk 8, Desk 9, & Desk 10. The former EJ&E dispatchers that were in Joliet moved to Homewood a couple months ago or so and the entire former J is now one desk[it was 2 for awhile before the economy got so bad], its Desk 11 RTC Homewood.

What I think is great that these "dispatchers" have taken to saying "RTC" pretty easily.
 #823969  by freightfan

usa4624 wrote:The GTW dispatchers are still in Troy, Michigan...
So when I hear "CN Desk 8 over" on my scanner, is this coming from Troy, MI? I'm close to Pontiac.
 #824649  by spatcher

freightfan wrote:
usa4624 wrote:The GTW dispatchers are still in Troy, Michigan...
So when I hear "CN Desk 8 over" on my scanner, is this coming from Troy, MI? I'm close to Pontiac.
Yes