Railroad Forums 

• Unit Wind Mill Train

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1058347  by CN9634

A unit wind mill train arrived in Montreal this morning and is headed for Searsport. Not sure exactly when it will be moving again, I would assume it would go to Maine (Brownville) today or tomorrow. Then at some point it will head to Searsport. Reports I have state that the trackage washed out in Brownville is as of this morning open again.
 #1058539  by Frank Jolin

Windmill train (combined? 321 axles) rolled through St-Jean Qc on its way to Farnham from Montreal with MM&A #3614 2005 2001. Departed Farnham for Megantic around 1900hrs with NBSR 6200 HLCX 6315 MM&A 2005. Shots will come later.

Frank
 #1058732  by cpr2816

Thanks Frank , just as i was going out the house next to the former CP Station , i saw the train coming but i forgot to go the other way , a shot over the bridge would be nice .
 #1058795  by fogg1703

Thanks for the photos Frank and cpr2816. Great to see the Moosehead handling some more traffic. Any idea of why the 2 NBSR units were in Farnham? Held over from unit crude train?
 #1059157  by necr3849

The train was SUPPOSED to come out of Brownville at noon yesterday and be through Northern Maine Junction 2-3hours later. Well, things changed, and the train never reached NMJ until well after 5:30pm. Power was 2002+2006 and 8546 with 66 total cars of various TOFC and even 8-axle heavy duty welled flats. Only a couple good shots were made since thunderstorms hit from about Frankfort the rest of the way to the shoreline. It was still a cool looking operation, and the empty returned tonight. They were through Stockton Springs at 6:00pm straight up, and we could hear them all the way up through Prospect. Here's one of the sunny pics from yesterday...

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... 619461.jpg
 #1059261  by MEC407

From The Portland Press Herald:
The Portland Press Herald wrote:Towers are beginning to take form as construction progresses at Maine's newest wind farm.

All of the tower sections have arrived by ship from Denmark and will be delivered over a matter of weeks to the site of the $76 million Bull Hill project in central Hancock County, about 18 miles northeast of Ellsworth.

The builder, First Wind, said 16 of the 19 turbine pads were built by last week. The first base section of a tower was set into place Friday and more are expected to take form in the weeks ahead. Wind blades and generators, shipped by rail from Colorado, are also expected to be attached to the towers in early July. The construction project involves about 200 jobs.
Read more at: http://www.pressherald.com/news/Towers- ... -farm.html