Railroad Forums 

• MM&A for Train Simulator

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1014072  by stcoeur

I'm currently making MM&A tracks Searsport to Madawaska for my Train Simulator . I've search everywhere for pictures of track signs ( resume speed, speed limits, cautionary limits,yard limits) those are the 4 I really need. I saw one that is all green with the lettre R on it but don't know what's on the back.

Eddie
 #1014455  by KSmitty

You might try contacting Jeff Bray, he has lots of MMA chases on the Searsport branch under his belt, may have pictures or at least some info on signs. I will also try to keep them in mind as I get out to in the future.

What train sim are you working with?
 #1016849  by stcoeur

I'm using Microsoft Train Simulator. I'm also tring to find copys of Maine Central or Pan Am Employee Timetable for the area of Northern Maine Jct for Milepost Speed Limits etc... I wrote to Pan am and never got a reply.

Eddie
 #1017040  by MEC407

stcoeur wrote:I wrote to Pan am and never got a reply.
They call it an employee timetable for a reason. :wink: They're not going to give it to someone who doesn't work for the company.

You might, however, try the GRS Railfan Timetable from Oxford Junction Press. It's a little dated (circa 2005), but I assume a lot of the info is still valid. http://www.oxfordjunction.com/grs002.html

Unfortunately they don't have a similar product for MMA.
 #1017042  by KSmitty

I don't have an employee tt, but know that on PAR yd tracks are/were restricted to 5mph. Anything that far north on the PAR system is dilapidated to the point that the highest speeds you will find will be 15mph, again no tt, but from observation and reports over in the PAR forum thats right, at least today. Don't know what era you're looking to model.

Jeff had a pretty detailed speed guide for MMA from NMJ-Searsport and I'd imagine he would be willing to share. I'm still working on signs, no promises...

I'd love to see the route, MSTS is one game my ancient computer can handle. If you'd be willing please post updates here, pictures would be awesome.
 #1032489  by KSmitty

Got out today, tried to grab what I could...I also saw some of those green R's, but didnt think to grab the other side...sorry about that. I got the RC Loco signs they have up now, some funny sign marking yard limit maybe (its a weird sign, never seen anything like it) and a few others mixed in here and there...Pictures from Brownville http://kevin_smith.rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=78107

I attached the 3 I took specifically with this topic in mind. Forgot until later in the day, otherwise I could have grabbed some more, appologies.

Edit* Should also have said, those RCL warning signs are ALL OVER THE PLACE! I saw 3 at Brownville alone, I know theres 2 maybe 3 just on the LMS access road at NMJ, Millinocket had 2 that I saw on 1 road...if you're modeling the current route put them anywhere there is any local work.
 #1032529  by BAR

I believe that the R on the green background means to resume track speed after operating through a section where track work/maintenance was being performed.

Bill
Williamsurg, VA
 #1032530  by BAR

Sorry for the previous post; I hadn't read the question carefully (my fault). I believe that the sign on the other side of the R on the green background is a matching sign in yellow indicating that a train is entering a restricted speed section. That would show a point where depending on direction the train is either entering or exiting a resticted speed section.

Bill
Williamsburg, VA
 #1033675  by KSmitty

That is correct Bill. The wye at Brownville is restricted to 10 and has these signs posted on the ends of the restriction. Green is the OK back to track speed, yellow is on the reverse and is the slow down warning for restriction.
 #1118162  by stcoeur

Sorry was gone to work, now finish for winter. So the other side of the green signs is yellow. is the S black.
 #1118486  by stcoeur

Is there a Black S on the yellow side.Starting to work on it again was gone working all summer . what are the other type of signs do you see on the MM&A.

Eddie
 #1119872  by KSmitty

stcoeur wrote:Is there a Black S on the yellow side.Starting to work on it again was gone working all summer . what are the other type of signs do you see on the MM&A.

Eddie
I believe so, yes.