Railroad Forums 

• I'm still waiting...

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#79811  by Cowford

Well, Bear and co. must be hibernating... it would be interesting to hear their perspective on MMA right now. Well, if you're still out there... happy Christmas to you all and I hope that the MMA is on the right path.

#79849  by AmtrakFan

Happy Holidays to you. I think MMA is heading the right way expect if they have another bad winter.

John

#80053  by MEC407

I'm sure this winter will be much better than the previous ones for MMA. They've got plenty of spare parts, a few spare locos, and they say they're going to be much more proactive about snow removal this time around.

#80059  by CN9634

Yes I read the MMA manifest about there preperations for winter. Has anyone seen these "snow fighters" they have mentioned?
 #85882  by sandmansays

Afternoon, folks...I can't speak for Bear but do speak to him (and other former BAR/CDAC's) on occasion. Most everyone has their nose to the grind and are working diligently. I understand things are progressing pretty well on the MM&A, but they've also hit a few rough spots, which is to be expected. There still remains plenty of additional business on the system and on the NBSR, but I think they are taking baby steps to insure their viablility. They seem to be moving large tonnage numbers and it looks like most every train is up to capacity.