Railroad Forums 

• CMQ Russell Snow Plows

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1452382  by Dcl1332

Was wondering how many Russell Snow Plows from Iron Works and MMA Days dose CMQ still have running. I remember last winter they used VB 152 (Old BAR x52 ?) and VB 103 (old CP 401008). I also read that they pick up ME 64525 when they took over the Rockland Branch no clue if it’s still in use. Are any of the others still around. Think there was VB 101 and 102 (old CP) and a number of BAR/ VB Plows don’t remember all the numbers.
 #1452417  by 690

The Maine Eastern plow went to NBSR, not CMQ. They've got one of the BAR Russell plows, then three or four of the ex-CP wedge plows (two or three in Maine, and then another one is at Newport, VT). There is also an old CP spreader at Millinocket, no idea if that's usable or not.
 #1497856  by MEC407

Video by Maine Train Chaser:

https://youtu.be/EX-LVJZ1qn0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;