NYP to WAS on LD trains

Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, Amtrak67 of America, Tadman, gprimr1

ApproachMedium

Re: NYP to WAS on LD trains

Post by ApproachMedium » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:16 pm

SouthernRailway wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:Hes not changing the maryland station in question, the trains that stop at aberdeen are Perryville MD runs. They do not run trains to perryville on weekends, therefore the only aberdeen option is Amtrak. If you actually ride the trains and know about the complexities of what goes on here you can get a better understanding of why things are done the way they are. They arent doing this just because.
My home station is NYP and I ride Amtrak frequently in the NEC, including long-distance trains. You?
I operate them 5-6 days a week for the last 5 years.
No good deed goes unpunished.

SouthernRailway

Post by SouthernRailway » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:35 pm

Great so our difference is one of perspective: I am from the customer’s perspective and you are from the operator’s. I should be more sensitive to the logistics if running trains. I hope that Amtrak will becomes more customer-friendly.

tvcigar

Post by tvcigar » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:50 pm

...and that is why I have read this forum for the past decade plus. Information and perspective from all sides. I greatly appreciate everyone here.

andrewjw

Post by andrewjw » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:33 pm

SouthernRailway wrote:Great so our difference is one of perspective: I am from the customer’s perspective and you are from the operator’s. I should be more sensitive to the logistics if running trains. I hope that Amtrak will becomes more customer-friendly.
My apologies, removed the ruder part.
You don't think engineers and conductors are sensitive to the logistics of running trains?
Last edited by andrewjw on Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SouthernRailway

Post by SouthernRailway » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:44 am

Sorry, andrewjw, but if you want to fight online, you'll need to find someone else to fight with. Everyone needs to get along.
tvcigar wrote:...and that is why I have read this forum for the past decade plus. Information and perspective from all sides. I greatly appreciate everyone here.
Agreed. Well said, tvcigar!

I checked out the official Amtrak line(s) on boarding procedures, available at https://www.vox.com/2018/12/4/18123624/ ... station-dc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and will hush now.

ExCon90

Post by ExCon90 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:05 pm

I'm wondering whether there's a typo in the "logistics if running trains." Should that read "of running trains" --particularly considering the proximity of i and o on the keyboard? Makes a big difference in the meaning.

SouthernRailway

Post by SouthernRailway » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:34 pm

ExCon90 wrote:I'm wondering whether there's a typo in the "logistics if running trains." Should that read "of running trains" --particularly considering the proximity of i and o on the keyboard? Makes a big difference in the meaning.
You're correct. Yes, it should be the "logistics OF running trains". Thanks for pointing that out.

Return to “Amtrak”