Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak Capitol Corridor (California) Thread

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1427826  by bdawe

I assume that the ACE would be using the UP Line, which is much more centrally located and straighter than the later BNSF line that the San Joaquin uses. I wonder if that will reduce San Joaquin ridership?
 #1427832  by Backshophoss

It would be on the UP(SP) Fresno Sub from Hunter Street to Merced
IF CAHSR ever gets off the Drawing Board,there's plans for a joint station with the San Joaquin service
in the Ceres/Merced area
 #1427867  by jamesinclair

bdawe wrote:I assume that the ACE would be using the UP Line, which is much more centrally located and straighter than the later BNSF line that the San Joaquin uses. I wonder if that will reduce San Joaquin ridership?
The same people are in charge of ACE and San Joaquin, so Im sure they will schedule in a way to maximize overall ridership, even if the SJ loses a little bit. Either way, people get more trains.
 #1511593  by Jeff Smith

https://www.progressiverailroading.com/ ... eds--57839
A new Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority (CCJPA) timetable took effect yesterday, reducing by five minutes the time it takes trains to travel between Sacramento and San Jose, California.

The change is a result of the Travel Time Savings Project, a $12 million rail infrastructure improvement project completed in December 2018 between the California Department of Transportation, the California State Transportation Agency and Union Pacific Railroad.