Railroad Forums 

• Illinois Central Caboose

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1051056  by Bigt

Any suggestions for an Illinois Central steam era caboose.....preferably a kit or
R-T-R....in the "red" scheme.....side door or not....HO scale? I have been told
the Des Plaines Hobbies had a beauty, but, they no longer are available. Not sure
if I want to tackle the American Model Builders laser kit.
 #1055700  by Bigt

An update.....for anyone who might be interested in one of these cabooses....I had previously
contacted Walthers in writing with the suggestion that one of the IC wooden sidedoor cabooses would
be a fine addition to their many recent caboose releases. I also suggested a NYC 19000 series wood caboose.
This is the first time I have ever received a reply from Walthers, after a couple other suggestions, and I was
pleasantly surprised. Although their reply was, I am sure, a standard answer, they did say that they would pass
along the suggestions to their product development people for consideration. Hey, at least it was a reply.

So, if anyone else is interested in either one of these type cabooses, please contact Walthers, your
comments might just lead to something positive.