Railroad Forums 

• Track Planing with Auto CAD

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#83581  by keeper1616

I don't know of where you can get them, but I know you can make them using Atlas Right Track Software, as Righttrack has an option to save as a DXF file, which can be imported to AutoCAD...Real pain in the A**, but it would work, in theory at least.

#83655  by Otto Vondrak

I know there are specific model railroad CAD applications, like CADRail, and 3rdPlanIt, and others... I bet you're not the first to draw track plans with AutoCAD, though. Maybe someone has a library they'd like to share.

-otto-

#87193  by CIOR

I made my own. I bought each switch (right and left) and various sized (5-10) and measured and used them that way.
Once I had them done, I saved them and went from that point.

I no longer have the file, but it was worth the time to do it that way. This was basic AutoCAD, not any rr related software