Railroad Forums 

• Bachmann Climax in HO?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#35604  by Aa3rt

I'll start out by admitting that I no longer regularly subscribe to the model railroad press. I stumbled across a listing for an HO scale Bachmann Climax on the internet this evening. Can anyone provide details? Has it been released? Any photos? Feedback?

I grew up about 15 miles east of Corry, PA where Climaxes were built. I've always had a soft spot for them and would love to pick one up when they become available.

Thanks in advance for any information.

#35776  by jwb1323

I did a Google search on "Bachmann HO Climax" and found several listings on UK and German sites. For instance, http://www.bachmann.co.uk/prod1.php4?pr ... um&prod=23

Some guy posted a poll on Trains.com asking people to vote for a Bachmann HO Climax, but this appears to have been, as they say, overtaken by events.

It sounds as if your decision not to spend money on the US model press is generally a wise one!

#35799  by Aa3rt

Thanks for the reply. I'd actually found them listed at the Bachmann USA site: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa Just do a search under HO scale steam locomotives and you'll find the same locomotives listed but with the dreaded "No Image Available" notation.

Trainworld already has it listed in their new products listing with a $ 159.99 price tag. Guess I'll start saving my pennies now in the event it makes it's appearance by the end of 2004.

http://www.trainworld1.com/newproductannouncements.htm

Scroll down to the HO section.

#75818  by Aa3rt

In regards to my previous post, I went back to the Bachmann site last night and there are now some photos of the HO scale Climax on the site. Does anyone have one yet? Has anyone seen one "in the flesh"?

It's a little too close to Christmas to think about getting one now, but maybe after the holidays, providing that the little woman hasn't already spent the income tax refund. :(

Seriously, if anyone has already picked up one of these locos I'd appreciate any feedback.

#80187  by Aa3rt

Well the Bachmann Climaxes have hit Ebay so they're obviously available. Has anyone purchased one yet that can comment?

#84323  by sjl

test drove one at the hobby shop last week -- smooth runner, good slow speed, just a bit noisy. that ought to improve with use.

rls