OO/HO African profile model railway in Kenya

Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: stilson4283, 3rdrail, Otto Vondrak

johnthefireman

OO/HO African profile model railway in Kenya

Post by johnthefireman »

I usually post in Railroad.Net's Worldwide Railfan forum, but I thought some railway modellers might be interested in the layout I am beginning to build in Kenya.

OO/HO African profile model railway in Kenya: 01

NaugyRR

Re: OO/HO African profile model railway in Kenya

Post by NaugyRR »

I'm looking forward to more pictures, John. African railways aren't usually something that comes to mind when thinking of modeling, so it'll be interesting and exciting to see your work.
"That sapling that once grew just south of Wassaic may be long gone, and the Harlem Line’s appearance may have changed over the years, but for decades to come, I can count on it continuing to provide me with funny recollections"

johnthefireman

Post by johnthefireman »

Thanks, mate. I'll post pictures as I go along, but I'm conscious that this is going to be a long, long process over many years...

johnthefireman

Post by johnthefireman »

I've posted a few more pictures at http://friendsoftherail.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=365. Nothing too exciting yet - I'm still plodding away building the baseboard.

NaugyRR

Post by NaugyRR »

Looking good! I'd imagine it must get hot in there with the metal walls.
"That sapling that once grew just south of Wassaic may be long gone, and the Harlem Line’s appearance may have changed over the years, but for decades to come, I can count on it continuing to provide me with funny recollections"

johnthefireman

Post by johnthefireman »

Not too bad since we built the shaded veranda on the west side. The sun doesn't begin to hit that wall until about 4.30 pm now. The east side of the container forms the inside wall of a workshop, and there is an overall roof over the workshop and container, so all in all it's not too hot.

Return to “Toy Trains, Model Railroading, Outdoor and Live Steam”