Railroad Forums 

• Real train board at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1434305  by josef

This might be the nerdiest post I've ever written, and I'm a member of a rail fan internet forum.

The other day I was in Orlando at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Of course we took the Hogwarts train from the Kings Cross station they have there, and I was surprised to notice two real life train ticker boards (I know that sound anywhere; Philadelphia's 30th Street Station is my home Amtrak station). Something I noticed was that while the train times seemed random as if to add to the ambiance, the data looked a little bit too specific to me. Like it had train cancellations on it. I was wondering, could it really be random? Or could it in fact have a feed from the real Kings Cross?

Check out the video I took of it while I was there. Is that real train data?

https://youtu.be/9r_BlfZEn-s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;