Railroad Forums 

• New Jersey Transit Assistant Conductor Test

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1412666  by joel091290

I did! She lost all my papers... So, I had to go back to Maplewood yesterday to do everything, from the application to the background and DD information...

The class gonna start sometime mid or late January.

I recommend u guys to call them to make sure everything is fine with u. Because my recruiter didn't call me or Email me, I called her to ask about the class
 #1414014  by CMD609

Hey all!
I've been a part of this process with you all for some time and it seems like we are going to begin soon (let's hope!). Don't worry about the raise right away, to be making a little above 21 an hour for training is actually amazing compared to a lot of jobs out there. Plus afterwards you can bank plenty of OT, just google it, the amount some conductors make is truly ridiculous. However, thats good and motivating for us! Looking forward to working with you all!
 #1414221  by CMD609

Contact your recruiter just to check. I'm sure they didn't call today because it's considered a holiday for government jobs, NJ Transit is technically still the State of NJ. Either we'll get a ring tomorrow or just follow up with the recruiter. That's what I plan to do. I was speaking with one of our future coworkers and he was told January 18th is the possible expected start date. If anyone has any new info, shoot us all a reply. Like I said before, can't wait to begin.
 #1414371  by CMD609

I believe the 18th is the actual training class start date (but still not officially confirmed), the physical capacity test will be sooner than that I'm assuming. I contacted the recruiter today so I'm just waiting for a reply email. Regardless of how long we've waited, the recruiter I have as been incredibly helpful and encouraging. Let's keep hoping we get good news!
 #1414515  by Jaydoy

Hi guys, I see you are waiting for course start dates, I myself is waiting to hear off NJT for a course start date for trainee loco engineer, I have emailed the recruiter and haven't had any response. The last I heard was from background checks 4 weeks ago to say everything had been approved. I know this is a different position but have you guys heard anything regarding any other courses, as you guys seem to be receiving good information.

Thanks

Jay
 #1414897  by FlashingAspect

Yea, my medical retest is the same week. For amy one that hasn't done it it is pretty straight forward Bloodpressure, breathalyzer, piss test, vision test, color blindness test, hearing test, lung capacity test, weight
, height, ect.