Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh and Hudson River Railroad Slideshow

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#1036173  by AndyB

Lehigh and Hudson River Railroad Slideshow

The Oldest Model Railroad Club in America
The New York Society of Model Engineers will be hosting noted rail historian and author Richard Taylor as he comes to speak about the Lehigh and Hudson River. Rich will be showing over 150 slides from his personnel collection. During the presentation Rich will be discussing the operations of this “bridge” line which operated from Easton, PA to Maybrook, NY

Date & Time: Friday, April 20, 2012 at 8:00pm. Doors open 7:30pm
44 Ames Ave., Rutherford, NJ
There is a parking lot directly across the street or if you
come by train, one block from the Rutherford Train Station.

Additional Details: www.ModelEngineers.org

Admission: FREE

The location is only ½ mile from the Meadowlands Sports Complex and Giants / Jets Stadium. (Now MetLife Stadium)

Feel free to pass this on to others.
 #1039437  by Paul Miller

I did attend. I was very impressed, had never seen any of the photos before in my 6 years of research . Rich was very well versed in the history of the LHR. He included the whole line from Phillipsburg SEP Bridge to Maybrook, as well as engine shots from Allentown , Fremansburg etc. Mainly diesel shots from his collection, but there were a few steam shots as well as fan trip specials including the 1960 Centennial. Some of my favorite shots were of the snowplows on the Century 420's at work and covered in snow. Interestingly, he showed a photo of a mid 1960's fan trip, and a gentleman in the audience recognized himself in the pic. Great show, I'd highly recommend catching Mr Taylor at a presentation anytime you get the opportunity.
 #1056528  by gravelyfan

Rich Taylor will be presenting his L&HR show at the Sussex County Railroad Club meeting on Saturday, June 30 at 8pm. Meeting is at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 3320 Route 94, Hamburg (Hardyston), NJ. This location is south of downtown Hamburg, and just north of the intersection of North Church Road & Route 94. Guests are welcome.