Railroad Forums 

• Pottisville Branch: Blackwood Tunnel (Directions)?

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#1258189  by frankgaron2

Hi All:

Can somebody please give me directions etc to the Blackwood tunnel on the Pottsville Branch?

Never knew there was a tunnel there & would like to check it out.

Also, can anybody tell me if there's anything to see at the end of the line in Blackwood? I can't seem to locate exactly where the line ended at the mine/colliery.

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Frank
 #1264397  by rdc1

The Blackwood Tunnel refers to a mine tunnel, not a railroad tunnel. The area around Blackwood has been completely re-contoured by mine reclamation activity, so there's little left to see, although the entrance to the Blackwood Tunnel remains intact. Keep up to date on information regarding the LV's Pottsville Branch and the Blackwood Colliery by visiting: http://onetechy.wix.com/lvrr#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!