Railroad Forums 

• Spokane, Portland & Seattle Railway Books

• Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).
Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).

Moderator: lbshelby

#731164  by jebradley

I'm interested in knowing about the contents of Morning Sun's Book "S P & S In Color: Diesels of the Northwest' Own Railway".

IF this shows nothing but +/ - 250 diesel photos, there must be several of EACH unit owned, since SP&S wouldn't have had 250 units (??).

So what else is in the book? Any steam, even if only the 700? How about thumbnail history? Any caboose or equipment photos? ( I know, a separate book was done on those). Any coverage of the old OE lines?

Several other SP&S books appeared in the 1990s - which one best? I did obtain the Gaertner history from interlibrary loan but the binding is so poor that chunks of pages fell out and I didn't even dare to try to xox portions!! And no color there ! It's still available but would require $25 - $50 (??) just for a trip to the bindery!!

Any info on this topic much appreciated!

James E. Bradley
Lehigh Valley Chapter N.R.H.S.