Railroad Forums 

• Macaroni/Rosenburg Line Info Needed Please

• Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.
Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1285309  by frankgaron2

Hi All:

Have a business trip to Austin coming up next month and would love to take some time to railfan the KCS. The last time I was down this way was like 1982 and I caught an SP local coming through El Campo.
Looking forward to seeing what KCS has done with this line.

I will only have one day to railfan - a Sunday or a Monday. What should my game plan look like? Head to Rosenburg & just hang out and see what comes or? Should I just head to Victoria and hang out trackside?
How many trains does KCS run on this line now and is there a best time of day etc to see action?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Frank
 #1285312  by frankgaron2

I'm guessing Kendleton is a good place to check out? And I'm assuming it's pretty easy to chase the line, based on what I remember?

And where are the best locations to catch all the action in Rosenburg and Victoria? How much other (non KCS) action can I expect to see at either location?

Last question, when did SP abandon the line west out out to Beeville?

Thanks!

Frank