Railroad Forums 

• Forum layout/style - left and right margins

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#976631  by Mike Doughney

Clearly this is probably a minor nit for most readers - and I was unable to find other comments about it here already - but I find the recent unexplained loss of left and right margins really hard on the eyes. Text merges with the edges of my monitor, and for some with slightly misaligned monitors, it might fall off the edge completely.

As an example, I've attached an image grab of what I'm seeing here - the left hand side of the image is the left hand side of the image displayed on my monitor.
 #976766  by MEC407

I noticed it too. The change seemed to happen about a week ago... ish? Wasn't sure if it was something peculiar to my browser or if it was an actual change to the site. (I'm using Firefox.)
 #977161  by mtuandrew

MEC407 wrote:I noticed it too. The change seemed to happen about a week ago... ish? Wasn't sure if it was something peculiar to my browser or if it was an actual change to the site. (I'm using Firefox.)
Likewise on all counts. I find it especially difficult to read the thread titles now, though the rest doesn't bother me quite as much.
 #977714  by Mike Doughney

I finally installed Stylebot for Chrome to make the adjustments. Similar plugins exist for other browsers.

This is the modified style for http://www.railroad.net which fixes the margins to something more user-friendly:
Code: Select all
body {
    margin-left: 10px;
    margin-right: 10px;
}

#page-body {
    margin-left: 5px;
    margin-right: 5px;
}