Railroad Forums 

• "You cannot make another post so soon after your last."

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1243085  by lirr42

Just yesterday I noticed that when I have been going through forums and making replies, I sometimes get the following message:

"You cannot make another post so soon after your last."

The message usually persists for a few minutes after I attempt to post a post and then finally goes away and allows the post to post. As I go through multiple topics and post a number quick replies this can slow one down considerably.

I am aware of some of the trouble with double-postings in some of the forums lately, and I can understand restricting someone from posting the same text in multiple threads all at once, but if I'm posting completely different replies in different threads in different forums one after another, this restriction seems overkill to me.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?
 #1244413  by MBTA1016

umtrr-author wrote:Probably related to the spammer attack that Jeff mentioned in another thread. If you can't post as often, you can't send out hundreds of spam messages very efficiently.
That would make sense but I haven't been affected by any spam attacks either. Whatever the issue is the Jeff and anyone else that make updates to the site will solve it.
 #1244457  by Patrick Boylan

lirr42 wrote: As I go through multiple topics and post a number quick replies this can slow one down considerably.
If it slows you down considerably have you ever thought maybe that shows the feature is doing its job properly? :)