Railroad Forums 

• Railroad.net Upgrade 5/24/13 At MIDNIGHT

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1188823  by gprimr1

Railroad.net will undergo an upgrade tonight (5/24) at midnight. The forum will be off-line during the upgrade. This upgrade will bring the forum up to the current release level and we expect it to resolve a number of issues being encountered.

We expect the down time to last 1-3 hours, although it could finish earlier.
 #1188828  by MEC407

Good luck (crossing my fingers that it goes smoothly with no hiccups), thanks for keeping us informed, and thanks for the time/effort you're putting into this. :)
 #1188836  by lirr42

Now we see why many railroads will never use the 12:00 time! It's far too confusing! At least on the LIRR, MNCR, and NYC subway you'll never see the 12:00 time used. Midnight on May 24th has already happened in most of the world (including all of the United States), it's very confusing.

So an attempt to clarify things, this is my impression on what's going down (Mr. Primrose can feel free to correct me if he sees necessary!)
  • Service Alert 1452

Railroad.net Forums will be down for maintenance beginning at 12:01 am EDT on May 25, 2013 for one to three hours to upgrade software systems to the most current update level.

Alternate "mail-in" posting will be provided, with an approximate delay of 5-6 business days. Members who have typed but choose not to post due to this service disruption can receive a refund or a voucher for future posting. Some posts made online can be modified or deleted on Railroad.net or by by calling (555) RAIL-NET.
See you all on the other side!
 #1188842  by gprimr1

Phase One of the Upgrade is complete. We are running the right version of the forum.

We are having to manually port over some of the formatting, so things may look a little different.
 #1188943  by Jeff Smith

I would like to congratulate Greg on a job well done! The forum operates great, he has resolved the spam issue (instead of several hundred spam posts and registrations per day, we're down to one or two spam posts per day (I have not yet researched the spam registrations, but plan to this weekend).

AND THE BB CODING WORKS!

Please join me in thanking Greg for the great job.
 #1188948  by MEC407

HOORAY!!! :-D

Greg, if you're ever in Maine, let me know so I can buy you a beer!
 #1188961  by The EGE

BostonUrbEx wrote:
Jeff Smith wrote:AND THE BB CODING WORKS!
It finally works! :-D
Well, it always worked, you just had to enter it manually :)

Glad to see attachments work as well. Thanks, Greg!
(33.61 KiB) Downloaded 20641 times
 #1188979  by gprimr1

Please report any issues to me via PM.

Thank you for the kind words. :-D