Railroad Forums 

• CSX local with caboose

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1537804  by tree68

Sounds like a local with a long back-up move. I believe the proper terminology these days is "shove platform."

Can't help you on when it runs. Depends a lot on the industry(s) it serves.
 #1537832  by scottychaos

It's the local between Rochester Goodman street yard and Batavia yard. It's been using a caboose/shoving platform for quite a few years now. Not sure how often it runs, might be daily Mon-Fri, or at least a few times per week.

Scot
 #1537860  by Old & Weary

The locals ID is B791. It switches the feed mill west of Batavia and leaves interchange for GVT in addition to whatever other work it has around Rochester. The feed mill switch faces east and requires a back up move of around a mile or so from Batavia Yard. I've seen it on a Tuesday and Friday in recent weeks and it may run quite often during the week.
 #1537871  by lvrr325

I'm going to say the Lyons job did not go further west than Goodman but someone else can say for sure.

What local covers east of Rochester, Jordan, Fox Ridge, etc. ?
 #1537872  by charlie6017

I don't know the symbol today, but it's a different local that covers to the east. B791 covers Goodman St. to
Batavia, the Charlotte Runner to the "box shop" and on certain days the West Shore to Genesee Jct.

Charlie