Railroad Forums 

• NS going to Sparrowbush - 7/31

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1068179  by railmason357

NS is suppose to move the Strait Bros Circus train to Sparrow tomorrow 7/31/12, where I believe, the NYSW is going to take it west.
 #1068236  by SecaucusJunction

I would assume he means CP-Sparrow, which is located in Sparrowbush, NY, just west of Port Jervis. If so, it would be a different plan than previous years where it came back east to Croxton..... and would make a lot more sense.
 #1068271  by K4Pacific

From NYSW/CNY - I just learned we have an 8pm crew tonight (Tuesday) to taxi to Port Jervis, NY to retrieve the James Strates Carnival train (7 coaches & 46 loaded flats). This will have NS power (supposedly) The crew will arrive in Port Jervis @ 10:30pm and expectedly sit there until 11:30pm tonight before going west (reason being is SU-100 and NYSW doesn't want to delay the road freight) This train will take 5 hours to reach Binghamton so if NS re-crews it right away, it can't be running in darkness west of Owego...

Good Luck!
 #1068478  by SecaucusJunction

GPS still says Middletown as of 10:45pm. Not sure if it is accurate or not. If so, it is running late. I wish all freight trains had a GPS Like this on them...
 #1068581  by K4Pacific

Ugh. A good night's sleep and here's your update: It's official. (Yeah, I know. I've written that before. But, hey it is from a professional official.)

Crew is called Binghamton at 1500. Taxi to PJ to pick up the rascal. Dusk through the Delaware and probably into Binghamton at 2230. What a nice evening for quiet railfan experience. Good Luck.
 #1068704  by K4Pacific

Finally. All going according to plan. Expect it to pull at 1800 and do the usual 25 mph.