Railroad Forums 

• "Conrail Boyz" gang members sentenced to prison

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#52344  by rcbsd45

The state has finished prosecuting all but one(who is still at large) member of the "conrail boyz", a gang known for repeatedly robbing freight trains in the North Jersey area. Details can be found at the link below.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?news ... 3587&rfi=8
 #52527  by RiverMP21

news story wrote:Members were arrested and charged with stealing millions of dollars in merchandise and consumer goods from freight trains, trucking companies and shipping outlets, specifically from the former Conrail Railroad. "At the time it was Conrail, but they no longer exist," said Hagerty. "Conrail was sold to Northfolk Railroad and CSX Railroad."
Just the facts, ma'am...
 #1308490  by pumpers

Passaic River Rat wrote:10 Years later, the Conrail Boyz are being prosecuted for the second time. It's like déjà vu all over again:
N.J. train robbers studied schedules, probed security before swiping high-end goods, authorities say.
I saw that. Thanks for posting it. I want to say "Only in New Jersey..."

Loosely related, I read somewhere recently there still is an active Waterfront Commission, some 60 years after the famous "On the Waterfront" movie (a fantastic movie if you haven't seen it). Some people are trying to shut down the Commission, saying its time has passed. Seeing the previous post, and this being New Jersey, I wouldn't be so sure....

JS
 #1308565  by Ken W2KB

Passaic River Rat wrote:10 Years later, the Conrail Boyz are being prosecuted for the second time. It's like déjà vu all over again:
N.J. train robbers studied schedules, probed security before swiping high-end goods, authorities say.
The prior thefts aggregated in the millions. Wonder how much the latest thefts aggregated?