Pennington, NJ

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

b&m 1566

Pennington, NJ

Post by b&m 1566 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:18 pm

I happen to catch this house for sale on the side of my screen as advertisement. At first glance, I was taken back at how it was built to resemble a train station but when I looked closers I saw the double doors on each side. Knowing that was very common back in the 1800's for men and woman, I clicked on it immediately and come to fine out it is an old train station from Pennington, NJ.

amtrakhogger

Re: Pennington, NJ

Post by amtrakhogger » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:08 pm

Nice.
His train? It's MY train! I know what I'm doing, do you?

Ken W2KB
Location: Lebanon Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey & Tiverton, RI USA

Post by Ken W2KB » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:02 pm

b&m 1566 wrote:I happen to catch this house for sale on the side of my screen as advertisement. At first glance, I was taken back at how it was built to resemble a train station but when I looked closers I saw the double doors on each side. Knowing that was very common back in the 1800's for men and woman, I clicked on it immediately and come to fine out it is an old train station from Pennington, NJ.
I did note that the real estate ad did not mention the existence of a still busy and active freight line in the station-now-house's backyard. ;-) One of the many photos, if the reader looks very carefully to the background on the right, shows the track.
~Ken :: Fairmont ex-UP/MP C436 MT-14M1 ::
Black River Railroad Historical Trust :: [/url]

JasW
Location: Currently SAL MP 1025.3; originally DL&W MP 21.1; formerly PRR MP 0.0

Post by JasW » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:40 am

Yep, that former Reading station is right on the active CSX Trenton Subdivision line. Maybe the original platform is the backyard patio!

EDIT: I was joking, but additional photos from a realtor site shows the platform really is the backyard patio, right next to the tracks.
Pennington Station Backyard.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “New Jersey Railfan”