Beesley's Point Future

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

Sotheast PA Railfan
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by Sotheast PA Railfan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:34 am

This is confirmed. 502 is now holding at River Road off I-76 in Philly. Has three units already so it looks like it could be a daylight run down to the Plant.

Good luck!

Ben

Sotheast PA Railfan
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by Sotheast PA Railfan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:19 am

Per Mainline Dispatcher it is not moving from Falls until tonight. So they are tied down currently at Falls.

User avatar
RailsEast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:11 pm
Location: Shrewsbury, NJ

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by RailsEast » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:41 pm

On the Bees as I type.....
"Old railfans never die, they just lose track......"
My collection My best
Supporting member: BRRHT, NYS&WT&HS, CRHS

Sotheast PA Railfan
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by Sotheast PA Railfan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:48 am

Just like that 503 left last night and as of now looks to be west of Philly near Abrams Yard. That was quick!

glennk419
Posts: 3058
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: Southeastern PA & Cape May County, NJ

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by glennk419 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:30 am

It appears that the BL England Generating Station's days are numbered. According to an article in the Press of Altantic City, two of the three units have already been decommissioned and the plant will shut down entirely in May. The plan to build a natural gas pipeline is also being scuttled. None of this bodes well for the future of the Beesley Point Secondary, especially past Tuckahoe.

Fair use quote:
UPPER TOWNSHIP — There is no longer a need for a South Jersey Gas pipeline to the B.L. England electric plant in Beesleys Point, after the plant owner said in court papers Wednesday it no longer plans to repower the facility with natural gas.
Full article: https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/new ... 2704a.html
Glenn

nova08
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by nova08 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:40 am

glennk419 wrote:It appears that the BL England Generating Station's days are numbered. According to an article in the Press of Altantic City, two of the three units have already been decommissioned and the plant will shut down entirely in May. The plan to build a natural gas pipeline is also being scuttled. None of this bodes well for the future of the Beesley Point Secondary, especially past Tuckahoe.

Fair use quote:
UPPER TOWNSHIP — There is no longer a need for a South Jersey Gas pipeline to the B.L. England electric plant in Beesleys Point, after the plant owner said in court papers Wednesday it no longer plans to repower the facility with natural gas.
Full article: https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/new ... 2704a.html
Beesley Point plant is officially shutting down today May 1st.

nomis
Posts: 2161
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:52 pm
Location: MRS 20 (was QA 9 & QB 2)

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by nomis » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:31 am

Yesterday, an empty coal train headed down to PAL and the BL England power plant. Consist was NS 8116 NS 1201 NS 1206 NS 1819 0x110.
Moderator: Metro-North (with CDOT), Photography & Video

Avatar: An overnight trip on Girard Ave. stumbles upon 6 PCC's and an LRV stuck within two blocks.

glennk419
Posts: 3058
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: Southeastern PA & Cape May County, NJ

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by glennk419 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:30 pm

nomis wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:31 am
Yesterday, an empty coal train headed down to PAL and the BL England power plant. Consist was NS 8116 NS 1201 NS 1206 NS 1819 0x110.
Sounds like they will be removing the remaining coal that was onsite.
Glenn

User avatar
R&DB
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:55 pm
Location: Sou.Sec. MP 53.5

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by R&DB » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:19 pm

Who owns the Beesley Secondary below Winslow, CSAO or NJDOT? As B.L. England was CSAO's only real business on that line, will someone else pick up the car storage moves to/from CMSL? It would be a nice pick up for SRNJ or CMSL.
Another question is who is responsible for the Secondary's maintenance of way?
Harry

WashingtonPark
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:23 pm

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by WashingtonPark » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:46 pm

NJT owns everything from Pennsauken Delair Junction to AC, Ocean City, (including the bike trail), Cape May, (including the Sunset Beach running track), and also to Woodmansie.

CR7876
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by CR7876 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:11 pm

WashingtonPark wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:46 pm
NJT owns everything from Pennsauken Delair Junction to AC, Ocean City, (including the bike trail), Cape May, (including the Sunset Beach running track), and also to Woodmansie.
NJT or NJDOT? there is a difference.

glennk419
Posts: 3058
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: Southeastern PA & Cape May County, NJ

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by glennk419 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:24 pm

NJDOT is the statewide transportation authority which includes highways, airports, etc. NJT is the operating organization. They are connected but technically not the same. I do believe it is NJT that owns the trackage and ROW's.
Glenn

nomis
Posts: 2161
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:52 pm
Location: MRS 20 (was QA 9 & QB 2)

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by nomis » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:12 pm

The northbound loaded move is currently happening, no info on exact consist though.
Moderator: Metro-North (with CDOT), Photography & Video

Avatar: An overnight trip on Girard Ave. stumbles upon 6 PCC's and an LRV stuck within two blocks.

WashingtonPark
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:23 pm

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by WashingtonPark » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:11 pm

glennk419 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:24 pm
NJDOT is the statewide transportation authority which includes highways, airports, etc. NJT is the operating organization. They are connected but technically not the same. I do believe it is NJT that owns the trackage and ROW's.
Correct.

chuchubob
Posts: 6088
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:55 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: Beesley's Point Future

Post by chuchubob » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:15 pm

NS 781, the second recent empty coal coal train to Beesley's Point, was at 30th Street and beyond 36th Street on Tuesday.

Return to “New Jersey Railfan”