Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1471536  by RailsEast

Not sure if there's any fish in that pond, ssk, and the ducks that hang there always seem to paddle out of way when the train is right overhead; they would be a nice prop, if they would only sit still.
Erik, my collection is my rrpa area : http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have a bunch of high-res photos on my RailsEast.com site, but the main collection is on rrpa. For every 10 shots I take, I'll pick one to process & post online, so I guess I have a collection of 10,000-12,000 photos on all my SD & CF cards (although many are of the same subject, just with different exposure settings).

I'm picky about what I post; I try not to clog up the internet with poorly exposed or out of focus material.

Chris
 #1472184  by RailsEast

CSX 4451, CSX 4432 + 15, approaching Maxwell Rd in Eatontown at 4:50 in the pm. 14 Woodhavens & one tank this week......

Chris
 #1472219  by RailsEast

Should not be a normal spot to stop; also heard the crew was not yet to Farmingdale at 6:30. Not sure what's up with this trip....
 #1472235  by NJT4149

Add another thing to this trip... they struck a car on Main Street in Lakewood a short time ago
 #1472270  by RailsEast

Hence the very late return trip....crew is currently through Shrewsbury at 0630 hours, one load & 17 empties. They will surely park it at Patterson Ave if anyone wants a rare Friday morning shot....
 #1472389  by Tanker1497

Nothing on Lakewood scoop about car getting hit. They don't miss much about the train. They constantly place stuff all over the tracks delaying the train each week. They even pull cars right up to the tracks just north of RT88. I bet one was too close?
 #1472390  by R&DB

Tanker wrote:
They constantly place stuff all over the tracks delaying the train each week. They even pull cars right up to the tracks just north of RT88. I bet one was too close?
It is quite ironic that the folks in Lakewood seem to Hate the train. I guess they don't understand the train brings a lot of the building materials that supports the massive construction they love.
 #1472421  by Jersey Rail FIlmmakers

I don’t know how long it’s been like this, but I past Pine Brook Rd yesterday and the new crossings are uncovered and the old crossings were taken down...
 #1472599  by RailsEast

Holland TrackStar track inspection truck westbound through Shrewsbury at 0830 this morning; should hit Farmingdale at 0930 or so. I will assume it will continue down to Lakewood if anyone is in the area & wants a photo of it. It's nothing fancy, but it is unusual to see a truck that big on the rails.....
Chris
 #1472825  by GSC

RailsEast wrote:Holland TrackStar track inspection truck westbound through Shrewsbury at 0830 this morning; should hit Farmingdale at 0930 or so. I will assume it will continue down to Lakewood if anyone is in the area & wants a photo of it. It's nothing fancy, but it is unusual to see a truck that big on the rails.....
Chris
I saw that truck last week prowling the NJCL Long Branch yard and then farther south. With all the lights on that thing, you can see it from space.