Railroad Forums 

• Mass Coastal Railroad (MC) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1471470  by SOCO11

I was in Fall River today and I saw there is a construction staging area right next to tracks by Saltine Warrior. There was no signage yet. Is this track rebuild prep?
 #1472430  by fogg1703

fogg1703 wrote:The new C&D operation is a subsidiary of G Lopes Construction/NE Recycling called Future Fuels. With the new trackage they have built (1 interior loading track and two exterior storage tracks) I would assume they are in need of a track mobile to shuffle cars when they open. Wonder if MC could get the rights to switch Myles Standish Industrial Park from CSX to see if they could win back some former rail shippers with increased service. As it stands I think only the Americold siding is being used. Could keep an MC switcher busy all day just switching Taunton area industries.
As an update, saw a Track Mobile pushing around about a dozen loaded C&D cars at the new Lopes operation on Prince Henry Dr in Taunton this past week. Cars were spotted down near Fremont St and near the end of the spur by Americold. Can a non CSX (MC or Lopes) employee operate a Track Mobile on CSX track as they had to run the length of the line into Myles Standish Industrial Park to pick up empties near Fremont St. No markings on the Track Mobile, could this be the one MC was using on Dean St for Excel scrap loads last year?
 #1472941  by SOCO11

SOCO11 wrote:I was in Fall River today and I saw there is a construction staging area right next to tracks by Saltine Warrior. There was no signage yet. Is this track rebuild prep?
Disappointing - it is staging for a large sewer main project
 #1475625  by Falmouth Secondary to Otis

Was on the Cape Cod Canal service road today and the Sagamore RR siding just past under the Sagamore bridge is being rebuilt with all new ties / ballast per the MassDOT 5 year capital investment plan. Also a new Cape Cod Central Railroad whistle stop at the Pairpoint Glass works in Sagamore was added recently for an addition to it's scenic tourist trains stops. See MassCoastal ROW page below for photo's / info on that.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/MCRRMOW/pho ... e_internal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments:
Sagamore RR siding being rebuilt
DSCF2241.JPG (1.64 MiB) Viewed 4350 times
DSCF2248.JPG (1.61 MiB) Viewed 4350 times
 #1476954  by New Haven 1

Thought that you would like to know that your link doesn't appear to work.
 #1476984  by Falmouth Secondary to Otis

Thanks ! Here are updated articles on Barlow's RR Crossing work & Cape RR projects

http://www.jfwhite.com/projects-recentl ... tracts.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.capenews.net/bourne/news/ba ... 6943e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1477073  by Falmouth Secondary to Otis

Barlow's Landing RR crossing replacement in Pocasset completed today & big improvement to travel over ! Was walking tracks leading up to crossing on both sides and RR ties are really in tough shape, time for some serious tie replacement for sure.
Attachments:
Barlow's landing RR crossing replacement under construction
DSCF2256.JPG (1.49 MiB) Viewed 3900 times
DSCF2257.JPG (1.47 MiB) Viewed 3901 times
Barlow's Landing Rd RR crossing completed
Barlow's Landing Rd RR crossing completed
DSCF2261.JPG (1.57 MiB) Viewed 3902 times
 #1481093  by Falmouth Secondary to Otis

Good article about UCRTS facility now renamed as Upper Cape Resource Recovery Facility on Joint Base Cape Cod. Read a photo comment on MassCoastal ROW site that the Falmouth secondary line tie / ballast replacement work is in the planning stages to be done, which is good news as the line is certainly in need of repair.

https://www.capenews.net/regional_news/ ... 35735.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1482100  by Falmouth Secondary to Otis

Cape Cod Central Dinner Train will be departing North Falmouth,MA @ 5:30 PM this coming Friday 8/10/18 heading towards the Cape Cod Canal on the Falmouth Secondary. It will probably meet up with the Cape Flyer at Canal Junction and do a Canal crossing after the Flyer heads to Hyannis. Depending on the weather could get some good photo's.