Railroad Forums 

• Access to Bay View Junction?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#1237740  by mandealco

Hi
Laura and I are thinking of making another visit to North America, and one of the places we will try to get to is Bay View Junction. In my first 3 visits to Canada, getting to a good viewing spot was easy. However, in 2012 we were confronted with closed roads, fences, no parking areas and ended up sitting on a park bench across a pond southwest of the junction, and saw nothing.

Ideally I'd like to get to Valley Inn Rd, just north of the underpass. Is this still possible? Otherwise, what should we do, and where should we park?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Steve
NZ
 #1247649  by Montrealrail1

By Spring Gardens rd,we can have a view from pedestrian overpass,works should be done,I passed by in october to have a short stop and it was accessible by walking..

to reach Valley Inn rd,you must take from Plain rd west,after the curve,road name change for York bvd,you will go over the river and after the econd corner,it's on your left hand side,then,you will see a gate,on your right,you have some place to stop,then,have to walk to the spot,

https://maps.google.com/?le=UTF8&ll=43. ... 27.21,,1,0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;>

And if you want to see the yard,on the other side,RailAmerica use to work there,you only need to keep going on York bvd and turn left at Hess street north,you will be on Stuard street,you can take by the right to reach the bridge,where you can have a great view over the yard..
 #1247670  by mandealco

Hi
Many thanks for the help. I have twice photographed trains at the junction just south of the overbridge, once in 1980 and again in 1985. That's where I was hoping to get to. Will use your directions when we get there later this year.
Cheers
Steve