Railroad Forums 

• LA&L, B&H, WNYP Train Movements 2010

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#795970  by K4Pacific

Had an out of the blue encounter with E.H. Blabey II in Painted Post Monday 4/12 during the interchange. A gracious businessman who used to own radio stations back inthe day as well. LAL 423, 424 took more han 45 bang bangs with them. Mr. Blabey says there are many projects in the works this year. Currently Port Allegheny (sp) is one for the gas industry on the Buffalo Line and named several others. Nat Gas customers are coming out of the woodwork (frac sand, chemicals, brine water treatment, pipe ect.)
 #797523  by alsorailfan

418 was shoving 72 onto the road engine lead. 425 leading 420, 3 covered hoppers and 5 tank cars out of Lakeville. Picked up 6 covered hoppers at Avon from an almost crowded yard and picked up 2 empties (I'm assuming the box car was empty) from Matthews and Field. Was scouting around in Henrietta when another Grade All went by but I'm assuming it was on CSX Westshore.
Probably put more pictures in than necessary to tell the story but it was a beautiful day, smoke contasting with the blue sky, more spring colors showing up and got the spring fever thus not able to focus on weeding out redundant pictures. :-D
Enjoy!

Chris

http://picasaweb.google.com/alsorailfan/041910LAL#
 #806540  by railwatcher

The schedule seems to always be:

Anytime, any place, as needed.

Typical for a shortline trying to build business and keep customers satisfied. The customer satisfied part is the most important.

Greg
 #823115  by railwatcher

Sandy,
The LAL has been running pretty much "Business as Usual". There is a steady flow of cars coming and going from Barilla, in Avon, and from Lakeville with ADM and Sweetners. #425 and #420 are still the regular Road locomotives with occaisional sightings of #418. #422 is at the shops for service work and has been used on the road train as well. #20 is considered stored in the old shop. The project loco's are still projects. Tracks appear to be in good condition with regular work being done by the track crew.
 #827946  by Sandy Burton

Today's road train (Tuesday, July 13th) had 422 as the trailing engine behind the normal 425 and 420. Left Lakeville with 10 cars and picked up four more at Avon. My guess is that 422 was in test mode because I heard on Monday that they were debugging some electrical problems. It should be about ready to return to the B&H.

Sandy
 #832818  by NS59

OL-1 brought in a DFT from Driftwood on Monday. With a 6 6 axle line-up of 43/41/638/631/630/636. It picked up an outlawed OL-3 on the Farmer's Valley. This brought the train up to 43/41/638/631/630/636/4223/430. It made quite a site coming up through Eldred, I will try to post some photos soon.

Also heard an OL-3 returning from somewhere West to Olean around 1700
 #844291  by railbird steve

I heard on my scanner thurs night that wnyp is going to start interchanging 40 cars a week with n.s. engineer on OL-1 was talking to the crew of n.s. 12-t. 12-t was having marker problems wnyp tried to re arm the marker at cass st. here in hornell,12-t had 140+ cars! wnyp also said tues-thurs will be the farn job what ever that is. more traffic for the tier!!!!!!!!!!!
 #844388  by poppyl

railbird steve wrote:I heard on my scanner thurs night that wnyp is going to start interchanging 40 cars a week with n.s. engineer on OL-1 was talking to the crew of n.s. 12-t. 12-t was having marker problems wnyp tried to re arm the marker at cass st. here in hornell,12-t had 140+ cars! wnyp also said tues-thurs will be the farn job what ever that is. more traffic for the tier!!!!!!!!!!!
Would not surprise me if that was frac sand headed for Wellsboro and Horseheads.

Poppyl