Railroad Forums 

• Nashville and Eastern

• A general discussion about shortlines, industrials, and military railroads
A general discussion about shortlines, industrials, and military railroads

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1044508  by joetrain59

I just relocated to Cookeville, TN. from Long Island. The N and E I understand is the road that runs thru here. Can anyone give me any info of when I might be able to see a train coming thru Cookeville? Very sporadic??
Thanks,
Joe
 #1054764  by GWoodle

http://www.tcry.org/pass_ops.htm#schedule

Watch for special passenger trains in October. The special Thomas trains near Labor Day are very popular. When the Tcry has their spring/fall open house it's worth a trip to see what is in the yard.
most of the action is in the Nashville-Lebanon area.
 #1054770  by joetrain59

Thanks,
Unfortunately I will be moving North end of August, to Danbury Ct area. Moving in with love of my life.
They have Metro-North commuter, and Housatonic RR. Local, and colorful road. But It was awesome seeing those big loco's here.
Wish that 10- wheeler at Cookeville depot could get fired up.
Joe D
 #1490431  by Jeff Smith

RJ Corman to acquire N&E: herald-citizen.com
R. J. Corman Railroad Company Monday announced the finalization of an agreement to acquire the Nashville & Eastern Railroad Corporation (NERR), which oversees 130 miles of rail between Nashville and Monterey, operating on leased track from the Nashville and Eastern Railroad Authority.

The deal also includes R.J. Corman purchasing Nashville & Western Railroad Corporation (NWR), an 18-mile railroad, operating on leased track from the Cheatham County Rail Authority from Nashville to Ashland City, Tenn.; Transit Solutions Group, a commuter rail operation; and three related operating entities. The closing is subject to customary regulatory approvals, and R. J. Corman is expected to take over operations in January 2019.

According to a press release announcing the sale, the Nashville & Eastern family of companies were founded in 1986, marking the beginning of the restoration of the freight rail operations in central Tennessee.

In that year, William Drunsic, president and founder, worked alongside his partners to lease approximately 110 miles of nearly abandoned track from the Tennessee Department of Transportation and the Nashville and Eastern Railroad Authority, forming the NERR. In the years since, Drunsic has invested millions of dollars in infrastructure repairs and improvements, started up operations of the 18-mile NWR, and initiated commuter rail service on the Music City Star.