Railroad Forums 

• Current DLWR Scranton operations

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#683274  by montyvox

Good afternoon-

I will be in the Scranton PA area in the beginning of July, and I am hoping to see the DLWR in operation.

Does anyone know what their current operating times are?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt
 #685282  by montyvox

Good morning-

I will be in Scranton on 07/05, and I was wondering what time the Portland Turn comes on duty?

I think it is 7 am, but I'm not sure.

Again, thanks for the help.

Thanks
Matt
 #685346  by RS-3

*IF* they run on the 5th 7:00 is a good bet. (Maybe 8:00.) You might have to wait till Monday the 6th for a PT. (You pay your money and you take your chances.) Way too early to tell right now. BTW its the DL, the DLWR is in western NY.

RS
 #685906  by montyvox

Thanks for the help.

I should have said that I'll be there on Monday, 07/06, so hopefully they will run the turn that day.

Thanks again for the help.

Matt