Railroad Forums 

• Detailed maps/plans

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#1491452  by PViolette

What would be the best avenue to find detailed maps of interurban lines?

In a perfect world, I'd like to find valuation maps of them (that's the amount of detail I'm looking for) but it doesn't appear they weren't created for transit systems.

Specifically looking for the companies in Maine (Waterville and Portland especially) and Boston Elevated.
 #1492111  by Leo Sullivan

There are many sources for detailed electric railway maps in New England. Massachusetts required
a form of valuation map and the Boston Elevated went far beyond, mapping their system from time to time.
Seashore's library published an atlas of Maine electric lines. It is a combination of track plans and location maps.
It is a redo of Charlie Heseltine's original.
A sheet from the 1908 BERy Track Charts is illustrated.
LS
 #1492877  by PViolette

Oh nice!

I emailed them months ago and got no response. I'll try again

Did they make any plans with stations, curve data, pole location, stops etc.?