BASF Chemical plant to close??

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

Re: BASF Chemical plant to close??

Postby blockline4180 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:33 pm

riffian wrote:Did this plant ever finally close? Any plans for remediation of the property?

Yes, it's mostly closed as rail shipments ended last year. Sometimes I still see steam cracking, so there might still be some people there. Maybe?
~Steve Pellettiere
Co-Moderator: DL&W/Erie/EL Forum
"Each of us makes his own weather, determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe which he inhabits."
blockline4180

Postby NYS&W142Fan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:08 am

A while back, there were rumors that someone else was looking to buy/lease the site and start receiving Chemicals by rail. Has anyone heard anything on that?
NYS&W142Fan

Postby carajul » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:13 am

Google maps still shows it backed with chemical cars. Don't know how old the satalite views are though. Geese they built a housing subdivision right up to the plant! People's back yards are literally touching the plant.
carajul

Postby blockline4180 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:52 am

carajul wrote:Google maps still shows it backed with chemical cars. Don't know how old the satalite views are though. Geese they built a housing subdivision right up to the plant! People's back yards are literally touching the plant.

Most likely more then a year old... I live literally 500 feet from the facility and don't recall seeing any cars in there, unless there are some tucked in the back.
~Steve Pellettiere
Co-Moderator: DL&W/Erie/EL Forum
"Each of us makes his own weather, determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe which he inhabits."
blockline4180

Previous

Return to New Jersey Railfan