Metra Locomotive Assignments And Maintenance

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: JamesT4, metraRI

Re: Metra Locomotive Assignments And Maintenance

Postby MACTRAXX » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:13 pm

doepack wrote:METX 425 gets a makeover into Rock colors, a parting gift to outgoing CEO Don Orseno. Lookin' sharp and spiffy indeed...

MTUA: Doepack posted this Metra news about #425 back on December 15, 2017 on page 84.
The colors are Rock Island's 1970s vintage red and yellow scheme...

With the recent news about the Milwaukee Road scheme on MP36 #405 this could be the start of a
Metra locomotive series in predecessor railroad color schemes...Good to see :-) MACTRAXX
EXPRESS TRAIN TO NEW YORK PENN STATION-NO JAMAICA ON THIS TRAIN-PLEASE STAND CLEAR OF THE CLOSING TRAIN DOORS
MACTRAXX

Postby mtuandrew » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 am

MACTRAXX wrote:
doepack wrote:METX 425 gets a makeover into Rock colors, a parting gift to outgoing CEO Don Orseno. Lookin' sharp and spiffy indeed...

MTUA: Doepack posted this Metra news about #425 back on December 15, 2017 on page 84.

With the recent news about the Milwaukee Road scheme on MP36 #405 this could be the start of a
Metra locomotive series in predecessor railroad color schemes...Good to see :-) MACTRAXX

Thanks, I had looked back into summer 2018 but didn’t think #425 came out so long ago. At this rate we might have to wait for Christmas 2019 for another present - yellow and green? Maybe platinum mist (faux stainless) & Chinese red?
mtuandrew

Postby F40CFan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:12 pm

mtuandrew wrote:
MACTRAXX wrote:

Thanks, I had looked back into summer 2018 but didn’t think #425 came out so long ago. At this rate we might have to wait for Christmas 2019 for another present - yellow and green? Maybe platinum mist (faux stainless) & Chinese red?

Here's one with the Rock Logo on the nose.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnwlakgHVyL/
"No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously."
F40CFan

Postby CNJGeep » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:23 pm

405 made a debut on 2119 today
"I'll keep moving through the dark, with you in my heart, my blood brother." RIP D.C.
CNJGeep

Previous

Return to Chicagoland Commuter & Transit