James E. Strates Circus Train Pennsylvania Status

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

Re: James E Strates Train through PA

Postby poppyl » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:46 pm

K4;

The logical route to me looks like Enola through Hagerstown to Roanoke and then on to Danville.

Poppyl
poppyl

Postby pumpers » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:26 pm

What is the "standard" route for southbound traffic out of Harrisburg to Front Royal to Roanoke (the N&W route more or less along highway I-81) to cut over east to the old Southern line paralleling route 29 ( from Washington to, Manassas,Lynchburg, Danville, Greensboro, Charlotte and on to Atlanta). Is it Front Royal to Manassas, Roanoke to Lynchburg, etc. I know some of the Harrisburg-Atlanta traffic cuts over at Front Royal to Manasass, but I don't know if that is the rule or the exception. I think this is part of their "Crescent Corridor" JS
pumpers

Postby K4Pacific » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:14 pm

JES finally on the move west on the FGLK out of Solvay, NY, at 1300. Probably a night run now to Enola and daytime tomorrow into VA. There's your update.
Proficient on the Southern Tier Line, The former PRR Elmira Branch, A little LV, A lot of EL, And of course, the Corning Secondary. Someone always knows more than me. Remember the Binghamton yardmaster that routinely said in a high voice, "No! No! No! That's not what I told you to do!"?
K4Pacific

Re: James E. Strates Train Traversing Pennsylvania today!

Postby Jeff Smith » Wed May 16, 2018 10:47 am

Bump: folding in some threads. Right now, it's in Joisey going to the Meadowlands. After that it's heading to Middletown, NY. Presumably at some point it should traverse PA.
Next stop, Willoughby
~Jeff Smith (fka "Sarge") :: RAILROAD.NET Site Administrator
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania Railfan