sallenparks wrote:Scotty the shortline book I have states that the Groveland to Greigsville line was acquired from Conrail in June of 1982.I don't have the Dansville line acquire date just says GWI got the Dansville and Mount Morris July 23 1985.
I also found similar dates on another webpage..
I think I may have been wrong about something for quite awhile!
(and if I am wrong, no one else has known either, because no one has ever corrected my maps!
http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychao ... uthern.gif
1. Fact - the DMM originally ran on its own mainline between Dansville and Mount Morris. (no doubts about that..its true)
2. Fact - DMM then abandoned its own line from Groveland to MM, then only interchanged with the DL&W at Groveland. (also 100% correct)
THEN..the uncertain bits..
3. uncertain bit - some years later, the DMM took over the DL&W mainline between Groveland and Mount Morris. RE-establishing the DMM between Dansville and MM. (except on a different bit of track between Groveland and MM the second time around)
4. FACT -the G&W took over the DL&W mainline between Greigsville and MM, (uncertain bit) stopping at MM.
5. uncertain bit - the G&W and the DMM met at Mount Morris.
its points 3, 4,and 5 above that might not be correct..im not sure.
instead, it might have been the G&W that took over the entire DL&W mainline from Greigsville, through and past
Mount Morris, all the way to Groveland, (in 1982)..took it over from Conrail. and the DMM itself never extended to Mount Morris on the DL&W mainline..
I have always believed 3, 4 and 5, but now im not certain.
anyone have any sources to clear this up??