Question re: Boeing LRV seating

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Question re: Boeing LRV seating

Postby geoff2 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:09 am

Hello --

I'm having a bit of a incident over at Wikipedia over the seating arrangements on the Green Line cars. At present, the issue is this: As originally delivered and put into service, were there additional seats in the Boeing LRVs (more than the 46 there are now)? It's possible that there used to be 4 seats across each aisle, and no cut-out for a wheelchair, which would have greatly expanded seating capacity at the cost of room for disabled folks (and people with strollers) to get around. But I don't know. I'm assuming one of you long-timers might. Thanks!

- geoff
geoff2

Postby StevieC48 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:22 am

There was a single seat back to back where the wheelchair is suposed to go. Also there as a single seat behind the operators cab when they had the original cab doors on them.When they changed them they got rid of them.
Farewell old friend thanks for the memories.
#4 EBT cars Hawker Siddley 1978-2009

Instructor/Inspector SERY
Member 25 years proud
StevieC48

Postby geoff2 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:34 am

StevieC48 wrote:There was a single seat back to back where the wheelchair is suposed to go. Also there as a single seat behind the operators cab when they had the original cab doors on them.When they changed them they got rid of them.

Thanks for the answer. Regarding the single seat behind the cab, what do you mean by that? In other words, how was the cab different than it is today?
geoff2

Postby StevieC48 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:49 am

The original cab door slid in to the the cab. Now it swings around where the seat used to be and gets latched behind the cab.
Farewell old friend thanks for the memories.
#4 EBT cars Hawker Siddley 1978-2009

Instructor/Inspector SERY
Member 25 years proud
StevieC48

Postby geoff2 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:51 am

Gotcha, thanks.
geoff2

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)