Why is SEPTA so stingy with their brand?

Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

Re: Why is SEPTA so stingy with their brand?

Postby JeffK » Thu May 16, 2019 11:07 am

BuddCar711 wrote:
NorthPennLimited wrote:(and [disn't] 1/2 of SEPTA's regional rail network used to be Reading?).

Here's the breakdown. It's essentially half by line count, although I think RDG was a bit shorter by distance (excluding of course discontinued lines like Quakertown/Bethlehem)

Former RDG: CHE, Fox Chase, Lansdale/Doylestown, Manayunk/Norristown, Warminster, and West Trenton

Former PRR: CHW, Paoli/Thorndale, Cynwyd (formerly Ivy Ridge), Media/Elwyn, Wilmington/Newark, and Trenton

I left out the Airport Line because its prior ownership is somewhat contorted plus it didn't carry passengers until after SEPTA took over commuter service.
Requiem for it's/its, your/you're, than/then, less/fewer. They were once such nice words with such different meanings...
JeffK

Postby Return to Reading Company Olney Sta » Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 pm

BuddCar711 wrote:I notice that too, in fact, those TrailPasses feature almost every other watermark, but they never have the Reading Diamond (and isn't 1/2 of SEPTA's regional rail network used to be Reading?).

Just speculation, but may be that the Reading Diamond symbol is actively used by the Reading and Northern.
Return to Reading Company Olney Sta

Postby ExCon90 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:05 pm

I never thought of that, but the R&N certainly uses it--maybe they tracked down whoever inherited the rights and made the necessary arrangements.
ExCon90

Previous

Return to SEPTA (and PATCO)