Brightline aka All Aboard Florida Orlando - Miami FL FEC

Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

Re: Brightline aka All Aboard Florida Orlando - Miami FL FEC

Postby chaz » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:18 pm

The TCPalm papers created an online poll to see if anybody would ride the Brightline...if there was a station in Fort Pierce. Currently running 3:1 against. The poll is not scientific. You can vote as many times as you like. Some of the comments are venomous.

http://ux.tcpalm.com/story/opinion/2017/08/03/poll-would-you-ride-brightline-if-you-could-board-train-fort-pierce/537244001/
Chaz
MP 525 Hastings Sub-Division of the North Kansas Division of the Mopac
chaz

Postby Noel Weaver » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Here is some more on Brightline. Test runs are occurring frequently.

http://wlrn.org/post/testing-underway-b ... later-year

Noel Weaver
Noel Weaver

Postby chaz » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:19 pm

The TCPalm newspaper, wondering if things would have been different if AAF had proposed a stop North of West Palm Beach.

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/opinion/columnists/rich-campbell/2017/08/24/rich-campbell-what-if-all-aboard-florida-had-included-our-region-beginning/589564001/
Chaz
chaz

Postby bdawe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:38 pm

have their been any track speed Brightline tests recorded?
B. Dawe's map of routes and urban populations https://brendandawe.carto.com/viz/80b9d ... /embed_map NOW updated with 2016 Canadian Populations
bdawe

Postby Noel Weaver » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:39 pm

The final trainset is on the way from California, here is a link. It was also mentioned on the Trains news wire.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/transp ... story.html

I think they are still trying for service between Miami and West Palm sometime in December.

Noel Weaver
Noel Weaver

Postby gokeefe » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:02 pm

All good signs ... keep pushing through to the end.
gokeefe
gokeefe

Postby Noel Weaver » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:23 pm

Here is another item from the Palm Beach Post. It states Orlando in 2020 but I have my doubts on that one.

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/business ... qfVPL5C2M/

Noel Weaver
Noel Weaver

Postby CentralValleyRail » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:29 pm

Noel Weaver wrote:The final trainset is on the way from California, here is a link. It was also mentioned on the Trains news wire.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/transp ... story.html

I think they are still trying for service between Miami and West Palm sometime in December.

Noel Weaver

FLL-PBI yes. MIA-FLL doubtful. There is still a LOT of work that needs to be done in the Miami Central Area. I also think the that not having BL Red onsite was contributing to the soft opening delay.

BL will blame the hurricane for the delays but this was seen by many of us months ago...

They also said when they were going to be opening (IN Early AUG) they would soft launch PBI-FLL and then launch MIA-PBI in Sept with a grand opening in late Sept. Obviously that has all come and gone.

Orlando is likely 2022 at this rate and thats being generous. This stretch has been a 3 year battle just imagine a stretch triple the length...

And when they officially open BL it needs it's own thread. Amtrak doesn't own 75% of its territory but we don't talk about Amtrak in the NFS or CSX page do we?
CentralValleyRail

Postby Noel Weaver » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:18 pm

A separate thread that not many will read, NO I think it needs to stay right here. The Florida East Coast and Brightline had the same ownership until the railway was sold not too long ago. Even with separate ownership they share one railroad line and other things as well. Brightline is responsible for a lot of changes in the physical plant of the railway itself. I often post stuff on the FEC that not many on here have a high degree of interest in, OH PLEASE leave them as they are. I'll try to keep all on here updated as I hear of developments.
Noel Weaver
Noel Weaver

Postby D.Carleton » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:48 pm

Noel Weaver wrote:The final trainset is on the way from California, here is a link...Noel Weaver
Arrived this morning just after 9.
D.Carleton

Postby chaz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:53 am

WAY OFF TOPIC but this makes me proud of how the Brightline is funded.

Nashville, TN announced a $5.2 billion transportation plan.

(Mayor) Barry wants Nashville voters to go to the polls in May to approve a referendum on increases to four taxes to pay for the massive undertaking — a combination of 26 miles of new light rail, more robust bus service, and a major ($900) tunnel below downtown where the new transit lines would run.

The main revenue generator would be a one-half percent hike to Nashville’s sales tax in July 2018 that would jump to 1 percent in 2023. She also proposed increases to the city’s hotel-motel tax, rental car tax and business and excise tax.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/10/17/nashville-mayor-megan-barry-unveils-ambitious-mass-transit-plan-for-music-city/759973001/
Chaz
chaz

Postby chrsjrcj » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:39 pm

The difference is: a Brightline ticket from West Palm to Miami could be ~$20 (based off their EIS they did a few years back), while I can ride subsidized Tri-Rail for $5 all day Saturday and Sunday. Not saying one way is better than the other, but the operational costs are paid one way or the other.
chrsjrcj

Postby CentralValleyRail » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Tri-Rail takes 2 hours Brightline will do it in 1.

Tri-Rail attracts a less than positive crowd to it I doubt that BL will be attracting that crowd.

BL will also most certainly cost more than $20 PBI-MIA.

$650 was the recent quote that they showed local businesses near the ROW for a 20 trip discount. That comes out to $32.50 a trip. Now of course there is going to be promotional pricing but $32.50 sounds about right. Given the fact that South Florida has some of the worst traffic in America I bet for the rush hour crowd they will get that. There is a lot of money in South Florida and the type of people the are marketing to, will pay for it.

In regards to start of service I can guarantee That service to Miami WILL NOT begin in 2017. Just saw the construction area the other day. Miami Central is still NO WHERE near finished. FLL-PBI I think they are very close on but in all honesty I'm expecting a April-May 2018 launch for MIA.
CentralValleyRail

Postby Noel Weaver » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:05 pm

CentralValleyRail wrote:
chrsjrcj wrote:The difference is: a Brightline ticket from West Palm to Miami could be ~$20 (based off their EIS they did a few years back), while I can ride subsidized Tri-Rail for $5 all day Saturday and Sunday. Not saying one way is better than the other, but the operational costs are paid one way or the other.
]

Tri-Rail takes 2 hours Brightline will do it in 1.

Tri-Rail attracts a less than positive crowd to it I doubt that BL will be attracting that crowd.

BL will also most certainly cost more than $20 PBI-MIA.

$650 was the recent quote that they showed local businesses near the ROW for a 20 trip discount. That comes out to $32.50 a trip. Now of course there is going to be promotional pricing but $32.50 sounds about right. Given the fact that South Florida has some of the worst traffic in America I bet for the rush hour crowd they will get that. There is a lot of money in South Florida and the type of people the are marketing to, will pay for it.

In regards to start of service I can guarantee That service to Miami WILL NOT begin in 2017. Just saw the construction area the other day. Miami Central is still NO WHERE near finished. FLL-PBI I think they are very close on but in all honesty I'm expecting a April-May 2018 launch for MIA.

I saw the downtown station project in Miami last week as well and I think it will go into 2018 before they are able to use the facility. It is a huge project, at lot more than meets the eye.
Noel Weaver
Noel Weaver

Postby BandA » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:30 pm

Were construction resources diverted to hurricane reconstruction?
BandA

PreviousNext

Return to Florida East Coast Railway