Southern Tier - West of Binghamton

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

Re: Southern Tier - West of Binghamton

Postby Matt Langworthy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:35 am

The NS geometry train is currently in greater Buffalo right now, and is expected to head east to Binghamton today via the Tier.
Matt Langworthy

"It is highly likely that the 1990s were an overrated decade."
Matt Langworthy

Postby SST » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:05 am

Yesterday I went looking for a specific repair shop near Elma. Couldn't find the place. Back and forth on Seneca St. Finally found it. Afterwards, I worked my way back to Erie St. I turned left onto Erie and Surprise, the signal at Pavement was green. Perfect timing. So I pulled over at the corner of Pavement and Erie and about 1 minute later NS comes from behind me. It's funny, if I hadn't gotten "lost" looking for the repair shop, it would have effected my timing and I would have missed the train. It was a hell of a ride! hahaha

This picture is facing west towards Buffalo at Erie and Pavement.

SST

Postby Matt Langworthy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Since we discussed Stanley Roberts Rd/Ashland in another thread, NS local H12 stopped near there briefly on Friday 11/27 due to a minor salt leak from a hopper. The leak was stopped and the spill cleaned up in less than an hour. This location is also known as MP 263.
Matt Langworthy

"It is highly likely that the 1990s were an overrated decade."
Matt Langworthy

Postby SST » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:47 pm

I forgot to mention that on the passing train in the picture above, a new FRED unit was attached. This unit is a significant improvement over the previous ones. Much brighter and more defining. It will stick out in poor visibility more than the older version.
SST

Previous

Return to New York State Railfan