Dedham Corp Station Construction

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Dedham Corp Station Construction

Postby ohalloranchris » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:55 am

Anyone have any idea what the construction near the west end of the platform relates to?

The intra-track fence has been removed in one spot approx. 50 feet wide, and rails installed adjacent to existing rails to apparently allow equipment to cross the tracks. Excavation appears to be taking place at either side of the tracks. Is a footbridge coming?
ohalloranchris

Re: Dedham Corp Station Construction

Postby The EGE » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:00 am

This agenda from last year indicates plans for "construction of a pull-off area for motorists to utilize adjacent to the MBTA Commuter Rail- Dedham Corporate Center Station on Rustcraft Road". I believe that's already been built, but it may be related?
"Give me an unobstructed right-of-way and I'll show them how to move the earth!"
The EGE

Postby ohalloranchris » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:57 am

The EGE wrote:This agenda from last year indicates plans for "construction of a pull-off area for motorists to utilize adjacent to the MBTA Commuter Rail- Dedham Corporate Center Station on Rustcraft Road". I believe that's already been built, but it may be related?

Thanks EGE, but the pull-off / kiss and ride was indeed already built. This appears at the far west end of it. I don't think a footbridge is necessary at this station, but it could also be some sort of underground utility work unrelated to railroad operations (perhaps some utilities run under the tracks there).
ohalloranchris

Postby The EGE » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:39 am

Any news about the construction?
"Give me an unobstructed right-of-way and I'll show them how to move the earth!"
The EGE

Postby F-line to Dudley via Park » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:36 pm

The EGE wrote:Any news about the construction?

It looks like the latest Google satellite imagery captures it in all its overhead-photographic glory: https://goo.gl/maps/f8z9KKTQMNv. The kiss-and-ride, and the construction staging area at the far SW side.
F-line to Dudley via Park

Postby ohalloranchris » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:27 am

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:
The EGE wrote:Any news about the construction?

It looks like the latest Google satellite imagery captures it in all its overhead-photographic glory: https://goo.gl/maps/f8z9KKTQMNv. The kiss-and-ride, and the construction staging area at the far SW side.

From what I can tell, the latest construction appears to have nothing to do with RR ops, but is instead an underground utility line of some sort. Nearby Rustcraft Road appears to have had utility work leading up to the spot.
ohalloranchris

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)