Bi-Level, single-level mixes

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Bi-Level, single-level mixes

Postby 4400Washboard » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:02 pm

nomis wrote:Multi - multi level ...

MBTA3247 wrote:Looks like they forgot to raise the bridge clearances. :P

Lol :-D
MTA project completion date calculator Take the MTA 's estimate for completion and add 8 years to that.
4400Washboard

Postby Patrick Boylan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:34 pm

tjensen wrote:

MBTA3247 wrote:Looks like they forgot to raise the bridge clearances. :P

Lol :-D

I may whistle a different tune after another thousand reposts, but that picture's still funny.
Patrick Boylan

Location: Here is a stupid picture, pay attention to me. Burlington Township, NJ 08016

Postby ns3010 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:18 pm

tjensen wrote:Cool, thanks. I assume that these were on purposely built to operate in this fashion? Why don't other RRs do this? If you smash a NJT MultiLevel with a single Comet Cab (Or perhaps a Comet trailer between a Multi and a Cab), you could have a substantial Atlantic City Line set.

NJT's ML's are better used elsewhere. The four car Comet sets are more than enough for typical ACL service.

tvachon wrote:Surprised no one else said this, but not all of the multilevel cars have bathrooms. If they are control cars they won't, and I have see a string of them all as control cars (more so during the control car crisis of to Brokems). If that is the case, you need an MBB in place to provide that, but the 1800/1900 cars have less distinguishing features to indicate this from a photo (like a horn set on the roof)

Side note, but once the MBB's go, every set will need at least one bi level (800/900) trailer, since there won't be any single level restroom cars.

Patrick Boylan wrote:I don't think Gallery cars are completely different from other cars, could you please explain what the differences are that make you think railroads need to keep them separate?

I've never heard of them being mixed before, but I guess I've never really heard that they can't be mixed, so I'll believe you ;-)

I'm really glad you had this saved, because I really didn't want to have to go digging through the nonsense thread for it haha
ns3010

Postby MBTA1016 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Nomis that has a home in the nonsense thread hahahahaha :). That's still funny though.
Josh.W
Formally mbta fan
WE ARE BOSTON, WE ARE BOSTON STRONG

Flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/116905626@N06/
Blog: http://jpwilkinson2448.blogspot.com/?m=1
MBTA1016

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)