Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby The EGE » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Took a look at the new station while catching a train last night. The station signage includes nice neighborhood maps like they've been adding to the rapid transit stations; there's an online version too. It's a slightly modification of the existing style; the Green Line portals and Hubway stations are shown.

The map (dated April 2013) will be out of date very soon. Assembly Square is not shown; Littleton and Wedgemere are accessible but South Acton is not.
The EGE

Postby BostonUrbEx » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:53 pm

The opening has been delayed, thus also delaying the new Worcester schedule.
BostonUrbEx

Postby The EGE » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:51 pm

Incidentally, here's what the new entrances from the Beacon Street bridge look like:

Signage on the platform indicates that there will not be similar stairs to the Brookline Ave bridge.
The EGE

Postby diburning » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:49 pm

That's too bad. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hops on the commuter rail to jump off at Yawkey to get to Kenmore Square!
diburning

Postby F-line to Dudley via Park » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:57 am

diburning wrote:That's too bad. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hops on the commuter rail to jump off at Yawkey to get to Kenmore Square!

Brookline Ave. access might be tied to the One Fenway Center development instead of the station. They want to bring the side path by Fenway station in further from its current terminus at Miner St. (http://goo.gl/maps/QfBAf) so it's fully integrated into the new development. Depending on how they choose to do that what's now Maitland St. and Overland St. through the barren parking lots could get some sort of path connection to Brookline Ave. more directly linking Kenmore, Yawkey, Fenway, and (with a little luck) a fully grade separated connection through the back of Fenway station and the Emerald Necklace. The developers want this, and it's through their land so that's more a private or private + DCR project than an MBTA project.
F-line to Dudley via Park

Postby Komarovsky » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:13 pm

Another delay, this time until March apparently. The station looks complete to me, any idea what's holding up the final OKs?
Komarovsky

Postby wicked » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:54 pm

wicked

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)