Center & Alan Interlockings

Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

Center & Alan Interlockings

Postby Diesel Doc » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:47 pm

Does anybody know where I can find an interlocking map / trackchart of Center and Alan interlockings? I have been looking for years on the net and it seem these two places have fallen off the face of the internet earth.
Diesel Doc

Postby TSP5-TSP6 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:49 am

Diesel Doc - This is as close as I could get in your request -

http://www.roangelo.net/valente/camden.html

I hope this helps.

TSP5-TSP6
TSP5-TSP6

Postby kevikens » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:57 pm

If you can find a copy try Richard Glaudulich's Atlantic City rail book. It has both photos and maps of rail acticity in Camden from mid 19th to mid 20th Centuries.
kevikens

Re:

Postby RDG-LNE » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:25 pm

Too clarify this, Alan was between Second and Third Streets on Bridge Street, it controlled access to the PRR ferry terminal and yards in Camden. Center was located a bit east of Alan - follow the tracks east until you hit the wye arrangement on Carman Street where it meets Penn Avenue. The tracks that run north to south (roughly) through Center are the current shared assets Vineland Secondary tracks and the PATCO tracks run alongside of them.

Drew
http://rdg-lne.rrpicturearchives.net <-- My railfan photos

Modeling "America's Largest Anthracite Carrier" and "Industry's Freight Route" in 1953.
RDG-LNE

Location: Following WPCA-51 along the Beesley's Pt. Sec. Trk.

Camden belt Line

Postby NJrailfan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:35 pm

Is the line that went through Cener and Alan interlocking what was know as the camden Belt Line. The line is mentioned in the West Jersey rails 3 book, but I havent been able to to find out anything on where it was or which railroad owned it.
NJrailfan

Re: Camden belt Line

Postby JJMDiMunno » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:33 pm

NJrailfan wrote:Is the line that went through Cener and Alan interlocking what was know as the camden Belt Line. The line is mentioned in the West Jersey rails 3 book, but I havent been able to to find out anything on where it was or which railroad owned it.

No - I believe the Camden Belt Line was the line extending south from Coopers Point to Bulson Street yard and intersecting with the Millville Branch at BROWN.

Mike DiMunno
~Mike DiMunno
CSAO Beesley Point Secondary - MP 8.69 (Magnolia, NJ)
Moderator: Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines :: Penn Central
JJMDiMunno

Re: Camden belt Line

Postby Steam man » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:53 pm

JJMDiMunno wrote:
NJrailfan wrote:Is the line that went through Cener and Alan interlocking what was know as the camden Belt Line. The line is mentioned in the West Jersey rails 3 book, but I havent been able to to find out anything on where it was or which railroad owned it.

No - I believe the Camden Belt Line was the line extending south from Coopers Point to Bulson Street yard and intersecting with the Millville Branch at BROWN.

Mike DiMunno

You are right Mike. The Belt Line was the remains of the old ACRR line to Kaighn's Point Terminal which then made a hard turn north at Kaighn's Ave and ran north down the middle of South Front Street to the engine servicing area and on to Cooper's Point.
W.L Avis
Steam professional since 1974
Former Block Operator- PRSL
Steam man

Re: Center & Alan Interlockings

Postby NJrailfan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:02 pm

Thanks for the info
NJrailfan

Return to Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines