USRA E-L supplementary report

Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.

Moderator: blockline4180

USRA E-L supplementary report

Postby rr503 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi all,

I’m in the process of taking a deep dive into the USRA system plans for Conrail. In the preliminary document, there is an allusion to a supplemental doc evaluating the potential of ex EL trackage in the new system. I found a press release indicating its release, but I couldn’t find the doc itself (yes, I did plenty of googling). Could any of you point me to where it could be accessed online or bought?

Thanks!!
rr503

Re: USRA E-L supplementary report

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:44 pm

I too would love to see this report.
Cactus Jack

Postby Allen Hazen » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:31 pm

Given that, up to a few months before C-day, there was a plan to have the Chessie System take over the E-L east of Youngstown, I can see why there WOULD have been a supplementary study of these lines... but I have never seen it.
If you're on friendly terms with the business librarian at your local university, it might be worth asking about it: universities often have treasure troves of old documents (these days most often stored in off-campus facilities where only professional librarians can find anything(*)).
--
(*) Yes, the last remark reflects bitter experience.
Allen Hazen

Postby rr503 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:37 am

A belated thank you for the tip! I'll email some people...
rr503

Return to DL&W, Erie and Erie Lackawanna